What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you order a product or service, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- When you order or register your product, create a CoPilot Live account, or contact ALK for support, we ask for your name, e-mail address, and mailing address so we can inform you of news about your product and as a means to verify eligibility for support, upgrades, and warranty service.
- When you sign up for our E-newsletter, we need only an e-mail address -- which we use to send the information you requested.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important ALK news, special offers, or new product releases that we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, we include an "unsubscribe" option in each e-mail we send.
- When you submit GPS tracks to ALK, we anonymously store and use your GPS information together with that of other users to perform product functions such as determining characteristics of the roads you are traveling on. We do not ask for, store, or associate any personal identifiers with your GPS information.
How does ALK protect customer information?
Your personal information includes your user name and password, as well as certain other data. Your personal information is secure because we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. SSL encrypts the transmissions from both ALK's server as well as your computer. You'll know that it is secure when you see a yellow padlock icon in the status bar.
What about "cookies?"
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not store any personal information, but they do enable us to store your web site preferences and settings between visits.
Will ALK disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
How will ALK respond to legal requests and prevent harm?
ALK may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law under the local laws in that jurisdiction, apply to users from that jurisdiction, and are consistent with generally accepted international standards. ALK may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating ALK's Terms and Conditions This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make your use of ALK’s services possible and to enhance your user experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Links to other sites
Please note that ALK offers links to a wide variety of other sites. We do not control how these other sites gather and use information about their users. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of all sites you link to from our sites.
Tell us what you think
ALK welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please contact us here.
Updated: 23 June 2011